Concussion syndrome months later and trying Keto.


 As some know, if you follow along on Threads, TikTok, and instagram, you may already know that I slipped and fell in the beginning of November. I slipped on a Christmas tinsel placemat that my son left on the floor. I still can’t remember what I was going to do, or what I was doing before the fall. I slipped on the placemat, I didn’t see it, and fell. I hit the back of my head on the floor. My right shoulder went through a Rubbermaid container and broke my fall some. Still by the end of the day, I was in serious pain. I couldn’t remember my name, couldn’t remember dates, it was horrible. The pain. And here I am now in April, suffering from Concussion Syndrome. The brain trauma still very much a present part of my life. I slur still at times, have difficulty talking, headaches, dizziness, nausea at moments, migraines, sensitivity to light and certain sounds. I already had an issue with sounds but now it is bad. 

I have decided to, in my who knows what kind of wisdom trying the Keto diet. This isn’t for weight loss but it is for my ridiculous brain. I have bipolar 1 disorder. And I have been trying to find something to help me along side meds. Since so many medications I am allergic to or it irritates me Covid caused neuropathy.And also to maybe help my ADHD and concussion syndrome. I found several medical journals stating some positives of Keto diet plans or Keto modified diets. Like these here, Stanford Medicine,  National Library of Medicine, and this YouTube video by Dr Tracy Marks.  Of course talk to your doctors about what is right for you. I am giving it a shot. Plan on keeping a food journal/mood because I need to make sure this doesn’t mess with my eating disorder recovery. 

How is my brain? Right now, my head is pounding with sharp pains and it just is horrible. But, all I can do at this point is keep looking for a new neurology doc who will actually see me. One can hope right? I have episodes of brain fog. I forget so many things which makes life difficult.Also, I still stutter and slur my speech. I can go do things but then need to recover the next day still or the day after. The brain fuzzy feeling or fizz feeling is still there. I get pain in the back of my head still and up the back to the top of my head like a Mohawk. I also waddle, I guess. The neuropathy can make the day absolutely miserable for me. I am trying to navigate my life with these disabilities that many people may not think are so bad but honestly, they are! It does mess with my day to day life, how I function, and how I even help take care of my family. I am hanging in there, though. 



And just in case you need or want to have outfit details.

Dress Selkie// petticoat Amazon// shoes(old) similar// jewelry//crown// eyeshadow// lipstick// belt

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sewing project, making my own holiday dress!

Style over 35.Styling the pink Selkie dress

Wednesday pink day!

SHOPSTYLE

https://tapto.shop/glamorousandgeeky?cb=1701270377258