Sewing project, making my own holiday dress!

 I’m finally done with my dress! Finally finished! The dress design came from when I wanted a dress from Selkie. The dress I was wanting was always sold out in my size! The green plaid dress with the slit and ruffle. Oh it was beautiful! But, old out. I knew what I had to do. I needed to make one myself. I looked at the style, checking how to make it. I had a pattern by Vicki sews(I suggest not that one, it was a pain, instructions on pdf and very vague.) I am looking for one that is easier.


I looked at the fabric type. Paper Cotton type. Hmm… I went on spoonflower and got the signature petal cotton. It has a nice drape for clothes. Then, I picked out the pattern of plaid. A green Irish plaid. This plaid  also comes in other colors! I may do pink next! Fun! 

The always sold out Selkie



I bought on Amazon a green cotton bolt of fabric 3 yards was more than enough for a size 12. And the original dress has the basic ribbon, I decided to go with a lush black velvet ribbon. 









I had to hand sew the dress after my machine decided to poop out and bird nest relentlessly. I am still figuring out what the heck is wrong! Annoying as hell and for the record do NOT buy a Singer heavy duty 4011, they suck! I am getting a Brother machine next!










The dress turned out amazing! I got a lot of compliments and everyone asked where I got it! The look of shock when I said “I made it!” Followed by more compliments. And no not on social media, in person. Haha. That is where I get the most comments. So what do you think? 
Dress fabric Spoonflower Irish plaid // boots// bag Coach // headband 
If you want to save time and if you don’t know how to sew the Selkie is here


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegan nail polish Pacifica

The empress card

Why you should shop for some second hand clothing

SHOPSTYLE

https://tapto.shop/glamorousandgeeky?cb=1701270377258