Managing my trichotillomania


Living with trichotillomania is tough. Really tough, you pull out your hair . You break your hair off. It sucks. So, how do you deal with it? There are a lot of ways to deal with your trichotillomania. For me,personally, I had to discover how, basically on my own. Oh by the way I will share outfit details at the end of the post!





I didn’t know that people actually posted about their struggles on social media.  I didn’t know that on Pinterest there were those who shared things on trichotillomania. What I did was google. And then as I started to think about it and write about my own experience with this. I learned just how many people were in the same boat as me. 
I had to learn what works for me. I got into wearing wigs. Because my hair is thin and I have bald spots. Trichotillomania has been in my life since middle school actually since I got to Florida from Missouri. I was in an unknown area, I had no familiarity. I couldn’t wonder off on my own and so I sat at home and started to pick at my split ends.  And then I started to find the hairs that felt different than the others.  And then it went from there.Now at 36, I realized how much I needed that release. Trichotillomania happens when I a, bored.I pull when anxious. When my stress is too much to handle. And it is a form of stimming for me.
So, I started to wear wigs. I started to hear for my hair more as an incentive to keep my hands off! I a,Leo go to therapy.  I used to be afraid of what others felt about my wigs. Was it right of me to wear them. Yes these are true thoughts of mine.Still, I got the wigs, and it helps. But the minute I take them off my hands go to make up for lost time. Ugh. And so I got coloring books to help keep me busy! 
It helps too! Mental health is no joke! And you must do what you need to live a healthy happy life! And if some don’t understand or think it is all made up, then let them go or ignore what comes out of their mouths. 





















So, for the outfit I am once again wearing joggers. I still have that damned infection and so dressing comfy takes priority. Screw denim right now!  And I wore a new tee from Disney with them! Yes the Mickey Mouse Obsession is real for now. This is how my brain works. Ugh. Anyways to dress up the joggers I wore some decked out heels in green from Shein and my Gucci bag I am renting from Vivrelle.And of course the wig! My little is in head to toe GAP kids




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegan nail polish Pacifica

The empress card

Why you should shop for some second hand clothing

SHOPSTYLE

https://tapto.shop/glamorousandgeeky?cb=1701270377258