Sewing my own strawberry dress and why IK hate working with silk satin!

 


I have been wanting to make my own strawberry dress since I first laid eyes on one while browsing through instagram. It was a beautiful Matoshi dress. And while I have expensive Selkie dresses, It wasn't a a dress I wanted to spend that much on. I liked it but it didn't curl the toes as much as the selkies do. 











Then I saw the sequin strawberries on some mesh at Joann's fabrics and had to have it. SO, I went home and ordered it. Along with some bright red silk satin.. I don't have a serger, which is why working with satins and chiffon or organza is a pain in my royal ass. I hate it. The shit frays, and even with a backwards stitch, it isn't as clean as a serger would be. And let me remind you that I am struggling with my current Singer machine. I will never buy a damn Singer ever again. Brother, will be my next machine and serger. NEVER BUY THE SINGER HEAVY DUTY 4011, it is a piece of shit. it eats thread, you spend ore time fixing the machine than sewing. You spend more time rethreading the eaten string than sewing. EVERY 2 stitches stop because of birdnesting! it is so annoying, and it was why I sewed a lot by hand! Just rediculous!

Anyway, I finally finished the strawberry dress! IT is so pretty! The other thing is that the sequins comes off, I guess next time I will just buy a bunch of the strawberrries precut and that way I don't run into this problem! YIKES! 

Anyways, the pattern I used was a McCalls. M8108.. This pattern is also kind of Selkie like. I want the next one I make to have more volume in the skirt portion of the dress. The ruffles were also something I added. 





I'm also doing more cosplay designs. Something I have wanted to do since I went to one of my first and last cons, back when I was 18ish? There were some grabby people and it made things uncomfortable. Since then I keep the cosplay for Halloween. And I am going to make them for fun! And if we get to a con we get to a con, I think we are going to aim for going to Dragon Con 2025. I am currently making a Orin the Red Cosplay hoping it will be done by Halloween and I want to make a Elden Ring Malenia cosplay with my little as the little guy(tarnished) from Carbot Elden ring cartoons, he loves the "Widdle guy" as he calls him and considering Malenia is like 8ft tall, the size difference between me and mine very small 6yo! 

Cabrot here: worth watching.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sewing project, making my own holiday dress!

Style over 35.Styling the pink Selkie dress

Wednesday pink day!

SHOPSTYLE

https://tapto.shop/glamorousandgeeky?cb=1701270377258